6.01.2011

Dear Stranger

Dear Stranger,
I know that I don't know you and that you also don't know me, but I have some things to ask of you, on which we should agree.  Do you think it is fair to ask that you will never break my heart?  That you will value me as a person - even from the very start?  Do you think you could promise that you will never tell a lie, that you will never ever betray me, or ever make me cry?

Do you think you might want to love me?  To adore my every quirk without ever belittling me or ever acting like a total jerk?  Do you think you would want nothing more than all I could give?  And have the things I do for you be just what you need to live?  Could you tolerate my worst moods and not get upset with me?  Would you let me win a fight or two when we start to disagree?

Do you think it is fair to ask that you not hook up with all my friends?  Will you be faithful to only me until the end?  Do you think you could not judge me and accept me for me?  Will you never keep things hidden?  Will you never make me feel lonely?

I need to know these things.  I need to know that you can do them before I even know your name.  Because if you can't, then tell me so because  I am done with the games.  So here is your chance to be honest, can you be everything that I need?  If you think it is too much to ask, then we shouldn't proceed.  I'm not asking for a lot....I'm just asking for a man.

Love,
"Me"


"Keep love in your heart.  A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.  The consciousness of loving and being loved brings warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring."
~Oscar Wilde~

1 comment:

  1. I would be your stranger...if you wanted...

    ReplyDelete